The Big Run is Done
Monday night I finished the longest run I’ve done in my life. I meant to run 20 miles, but I got a little lost and only ran 18. When my sister measures wrong she runs too far. I run too short. I guess that’s the difference between us.
Here are my (goals) and accomplishments:
- Monday (cross-train): Worked out on the stepper for 30 min.
- Tuesday (run 5): Ran 5 miles
- Wednesday (run 10): Ran 8 miles
- Thursday (run 5): Rested (blisters).
- Friday (rest): Rested.
- Saturday (run 20): I moved the run to Monday night (blisters).
- Sunday (rest): Rested.
- Monday (cross-train): I ran 18 miles
The eighteen-miler was really quite tough. By the end of it, I felt so stiff I could hardly walk. I remember thinking, “So this is what it must feel like to be 80 years old.”
Now, here are the goals for the rest of the week, modified:
- Tuesday: Rest.
- Wednesday: Light cross-train.
- Thursday: Run 8 miles
- Friday: Rest.
- Saturday: Run 12 miles.
- Sunday: Rest.
Good luck to me.